Nothing Ever Happens

It's that thing.  The thing where I don't have anything to say, but feel as though I have to write something in here.  So here is something.

I went to Seattle again recently.  My job is taking me there relatively often at the moment, meaning I'm going to set to see the place in all seasons.  This season isn't a flattering one for Seattle.  It's cold and wet and rather grey.  My time there was pretty much all spent working; I was there to work after all; but I did get to a bar one night.

Bars are like airports, when you're inside one, you could be anywhere in the world.  Then you walk outside and it hits you.  "I'm in America, I'd forgotten that".

There is one way to tell country from country, and that's the toilets.  Don't laugh.  Genuinely, different countries have different shaped toilets and urinals.  In some places they are wide and shallow, in other places they are small and deep.  In some places, then flush automatically, in other places there are buttons.  And in Japan there are washlets (Google it!) with a whole button panel next to you which must be deciphered before you can leave the bathroom.  Urinals are square in some places, too.

Despite all my travels over the years, Seattle is the only US city I've visited.  It's quite a nice one, actually. Quite relaxed and laid back, and European-feeling in some respects.  I can't complain too much that I'm going to be spending a fair amount of time there.

Of course, London isn't all sunshine and tropical breezes at this time of year.  It's slightly colder than Seattle if anything.  I discovered recently that Seattle is actually slightly further south than London.  Surprising, but true.  Well other people have said they weren't that surprised, but I certainly was.

So there you go - that was "nothing". I promise I'll write "something" soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Dealing with the after life

A war of words

A book I didn’t like