Well I never…

How it takes me back.  University days and the drinking game “I have never”.  For the uninitiated, the game involves saying “I have never” followed by something you’ve never done, and the others in the circle who HAVE done such thing are forced to take a drink.

Now I can see where you mind may be taking this, but it was never that kind of game.  We knew each other so well, that we carried around a list of things in our head with which we could force any particular person to take a drink – “I have never worn pink socks”  “I have never owned a blue hamster” “I have never done Shakespeare on stage” and so the list goes on.

I’m far too old and sensible for such silly drinking games now, but I did get to thinking the other day of the things which I’ve never done.  Don’t get me wrong – I’m not melancholic nor harbouring any desire to rush off and do these things – merely observing that despite having done many interesting things in my life, there are some things which you may assume everyone has done by my age, but which I (and probably lots of other people) haven’t.

So, for your delectation and boredom, I present “Ten Things I’ve Never Done”

1. I have never been skiing (or snowboarding)

2. I have never smoked marijuana

3. I have never been to Spain

4. I have never been camping

5. I have never used a Wii games console

6. I have never seen The Godfather

7. I have never watched a football match, even on TV

8. I have never been swimming in the sea

9. I have never ridden a horse

10.  I have never been up the Eiffel Tower

Popular posts from this blog

Dealing with the after life

A book I didn’t like

A war of words